Engineered hardwood flooring options are expanding every day! There are many beautiful, high-quality options available to meet your style and budget needs. Unlike prefinished hardwood engineered hardwood flooring is only real wood on the top layer and bottom layers, with plywood in the center.
Benefits of Engineered Hardwood include:
- Many options, including wider plank that may not be feasible with a standard, solid hardwood
- Great for basements or installed on concrete or radiant heat floors
- More durable and moisture resistant (depending on climate, floor traffic, area in the home)
- Can be refinished several times
As with prefinished hardwood, only installation is required. No need to remove kids, pets, and yourselves from the home for hours to days while waiting for finish to cure and odors to evaporate.
Depending on the specific type of engineered flooring you choose, there are some limitations and disadvantages. These include:
- Can be more expensive than a solid hardwood product
- Thinner than solid hardwood
- Depending on installation method, may have a more “hallow” sound when walked on than solid hardwood
- Fewer, if any customization options
For more information on a specific engineered hardwood product and installation procedures, please contact us for a free in-home consultation today!